This recipe is from this excellent book.
From a satisfying breakfast to an afternoon pick-me-up, or even a dessert, this versatile chia seed pudding will make its way into your nutrition repertoire in no time.
- Calories: 142
- Total fat: 7 g
- Saturated fat: o g
- Total carbohydrate: 11 g
- Dietary fiber: 3 g
- Sugars: 9 g
- Protein: 4 g
Yield: 1 cup (250 g) Serving size: 1/2 cup (125 g)
- Pour all the ingredients into a bowl and stir until well combined. Allow the chia seeds to settle for 20 minutes, whisking every 5 minutes, until the mixture thickens. Place in the refrigerator and store for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Check for the desired thickness and flavour, adjusting if necessary. When ready to serve, spoon into bowls and top with fresh fruit. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened
- plant-based milk
- ¼ cup ( 40 g) chia seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1–2 teaspoons grated lemon zest